While the Seaside Fire and Rescue Department has an annual budget, much of our new equipment is purchased through donations and grants. Each September, the Fire Department holds a Game Night/Casino Night to raise funds for the purchase of new equipment. This is the only time of year that the Fire Department actively goes into the community to seek donations for itself. In years past, Game Night proceeds have purchased Jaws of Life extrication equipment, telescoping jacks for vehicle stabilization and rescue, automatic external defibrillators (AEDs), rescue airbags, and other expensive and otherwise difficult to obtain equipment.
The Fire Department accepts donations year round and are tax deductible. For further information, contact the Fire Chief.
In addition to equipment purchased through donations, the Seaside Fire Department has also been able to purchase equipment through federal, state, and private grant programs. In the last few years, these grants have purchased such equipment as:
- Wildland fire PPE (Personal Protective Equipment including pants, coats, helmets, and fire shelters)
- Wildland fire equipment and handtools
- Bullard Thermal Imaging Camera
- Automatic External Defibrillators
- Morning Pride structural firefighting PPE (including turnout coats and pants, new leather boots, helmets and gloves)
- Motorola mobile (in cab) radios and portable (hand held) radios for fireground communications.