Burn Permits can be obtained at the Fire Station at 150 S. Lincoln. They are free of charge, and can be obtained week days from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You must also contact Seaside Police dispatch at 503-738-6311 to inform us that you will be using the burn permit every time you burn.
Burn Permit Guidelines:
- Permits are required for all burning.
- Construction and demolition waste burning is prohibited per City Ordinance, Chapter 94.
- Burn Barrels must have a screen with maximum 1/4 inch openings and be at least 10 feet from combustibles.
- Open pile burning will be permitted only after an inspection of each individual pile.
- Barrels or burn piles shall be attended continuously while burning is in progress.
- A garden hose shall be available at all times while burning is in progress.
- Burning permits will not be issued during times of extreme dryness or during periods of high winds.
- No outdoor burning will be permitted after dark.
- Any complaint of a smoke problem may result in the Fire Chief or his designee ordering extinguishment of the fire.
- For burning outside of city limits, contact the Oregon Department of Forestry at 503-325-5451.